What does «I» in IoT means in practice?
Major DDoS attacks were possible because IoT devices were exposed to the Internet.
The natural remedy for that is to use a network relay to hide their real IPs.
- Do you have such a relay?
- Do you also encrypt all outgoing traffic of your devices?
- Do you whitelist DNS names and IP addresses to prevent DNS data exfiltration?
- hides IoT devices' real IPs through its mutli-hop architecture,
- encrypts legacy protocols (DNS, NTP, RTSP, ModBus),
- uses nodes' public keys instead of their IPs to prevent spoofing.
- DNS names and IP addresses whitelisting is on the roadmap as a part of application-based security.